Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Annoying Office Mate

Have you ever had to share an office with someone who is a nice person but they just irritate the shit out of you?  There are days you just want to smack the person!

A little less than a year ago I got moved down the hall to this nice remote, quiet little hole in the wall with no windows and black paint on the ceiling.  It is a converted testing room, in other words it has been converted to an office just because of lack of other space.  Which is no problem, I like it.  It is an out of sight out of mind little office.  I share it with just one other guy who I get along with just fine.  However a month or so after I moved in I realized that he is a little bit clingy.  He constantly needs someone to talk to.  Sometimes he will just talk to himself.  To each his own.  I am kinda opposite, I like the quiet.  Anyway, as time has gone
on it has gotten out of control to the point he wants me to proof-read some of his e-mails he sends out! 

The other not-so-endearing quality about him?  He whines... A lot...  about everything...  Anytime there is a change made in the way we do something at work he will bitch and moan for at least six months before he finally just shuts up and does what he is supposed to.  Again though for some reason he likes to try to drag me down with him. The worst part is if I am not carefull he will take something that I agreed with, just to shut him up, and tell our boss that I agree with him!  Insanity!

So what do I do???  I try to ignore him a lot of the time.  Especially when bitching about work.  We can have the occasional good conversation about a movie or a football game last night etc.  However, he doesn't like to be ignored that much.  So what does he do?  Occasionally he will roll himself over to my desk (which is no more that 10 ft away anyway) and proceed to hover over my shoulder 'til I look at what he is talking about.  He is lucky he doesn't get a fist with my attention!

Argh!!!!  There are days it drives me completely fucking nuts!  The part that keeps my mouth shut???  I would hate to lose my office and have to go back to a "bullpen" with 5 other whiny individuals.  Oh well I guess that is why I am bitching at this blog.  No one will probably hear it either but at least I get it off my chest!

So, just for fun... What does your office mate do that annoys the shit out of you??? :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I DO know what you mean, I don't talk about my job that much on my blog but I have plenty of annoying and rude people in my office that make me want to pull all my hair out! For the most part, I have a ton of really good, sweet and funny people, but the annoying ones seem to get worse with time! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to talk about anyone poorly and I am normally a very positive person, but the day I wrote that he was just over the top and I had to do something to blow off steam. The daily stories entertain my wife though...

    Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete